- Newmark: New Hotel - The Catalyst Hotel to open in prestigious Sandton
- Wheels of Change: Jenman African Safaris Replaces Land Cruisers with Sprinters
- New Images for Karisia Mobile Tents and Tumaren Camp accommodation
- WETU and Karisia Walking Safaris and Tumaren Camp
- Happy New Year from everyone here!
- Serena Hotels Ends 2019 On A Big EC0-Foot
- Jenman Select Webinar: How to Cater to Your Most Discerning Client
- Will Fortescue Returns as Governors' Camp In-House Photographer in 2020
- January Pop-Up Culinary Event: Zuri Zanzibar X August Antwerp
- Atta office closure over the Christmas period
Announcing an upgrade of Cottar's Private AirstripBy *Karen Darnborough, Cottars Safari Service
We are pleased to announce that our private airstrip in the Maasai Mara has been upgraded.
Airlines that are landing at Cottar's Private Airstrip:
Governors, Safarilink, Air Kenya, Yellow Wings and any private charter company.
The strip is 1.3km long and 23 meters wide, made of heavily compacted muram with wide drainage. It's the only strip in the Masai Mara that is up to Kenya Airways Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) new regulations.
There is a minimum number of pax that need to fly for the following airlines to land at our airstrip:
Governors: 2+ pax year round
Safarilink: 4+ pax in low season and 2+ pax in high season
Air Kenya: 4+ pax year round (please note that airkenya uses various aircraft including a dash aircraft which cannot land at CPA, but their caravan and twin otter can land).
Please note that we may begin charging each way for road transfers from and to Keekorok Airstrip* - this will begin in June 2020. (*We will not be charging single travellers being collected from Keekorok Airstrip when airlines will not drop them at Cottar's Private Airstrip because of this restriction or if there is an unavoidable issue subject to prior confirmation)