- Wild Horizons Removes Plastic Bottled Water from Vic Falls Services
- 'Coquille Bonheur' Goes One Step Further Towards Sustainable Efforts
- Airlines teaming up to save a species
- Hideaways Goes Botswana!
- Acacia Africa Launches New Signature Tours & Safaris Collection
- A new look for Morukuru Owner's House and Morukuru River House - Madikwe Game Reserve
- Airlink To Operate Under Own Flight Code
- Olarro Plains
- Gear up for Safari in 2020 with The Safari Store
- VIP: Very Interesting Politics (we promise)
Enforced temporary change to the Ultimate Namibia SafariBy Birgit Mohrmann, Ultimate Safaris Namibia
Happy New Year!
Unfortunately, the onset of much needed rain in Namibia has caused some damage at Tree Tops Camp at Onguma as one of the rooms was struck by lightning and effectively destroyed towards the end of last year.
Fortunately, there were no injuries, but the damage caused means that Onguma Tree Tops is currently one room short. The owners of Onguma have therefore taken the decision to use this opportunity to upgrade all the rooms at Tree Tops while the venue has to be closed for rebuilding of the room that was ruined. As a result, Onguma Tree Tops will be closed until the 14 May 2020.
This development will affect a number of the Ultimate Namibia Safaris departures over the next few months, and all those who would have been at Tree Tops over this period will be upgraded to either Onguma Tented Camp or Onguma Plains Camp (The Fort) as follows:
Ultimate Nam # 1 (18 – 27 February 2020) – The Fort
Ultimate Nam #2: (25 February – 05 March 2020 - The Fort
Ultimate Nam # 3 (03 – 13 March 2020) – The Fort
Ultimate Nam # 4 (10 – 19 March 2020) – The Fort
Ultimate Nam # 5 (17 – 26 March 2020) – The Fort
Ultimate Nam # 6 (24 March – 02 April 2020) – Tented Camp
Ultimate Nam # 7 (31 March – 09 April 2020) – Tented Camp
Ultimate Nam # 8 (07 – 16 April 2020) – The Fort
Ultimate Nam # 9 (14 – 23 April 2020) – The Fort
Ultimate Nam # 10(21 – 30 April 2020) – The Fort
Ultimate Nam # 11 (28 April – 07 May 2020) – The Fort
Ultimate Nam # 12 (05 – 14 May 2020)– The Fort
Please also be reminded that:
- Almost all our departures have been upgraded to the new Dead Valley Lodge at Sossusvlei.
- Almost all our departures stay the The Delight in Swakopmund.
- This trip no longer includes a visit to the Himba, and instead now includes an afternoon game drive at Etosha Mountain Lodge.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and please contact Clemensia at email@example.com if you have any questions about the impact of this development on these safaris.