- Qatar Airways increases Windhoek service in July/Aug 2018
- Tanzania's Parliamentary Committee Wants Lake Manyara Protected At All Costs
- New Atta Members in December
- Atta Financial Update: 25.01.2018
- Planning to visit Cape Town and the Western Cape
- Malawi: Extinction of Large Animal Species Worries Department of Parks
- Jambojet set to begin Uganda flights next month
- Tanzania: Tourism Injects 4.8 Trillion/ - Into the Economy
- Application for Membership - Coffeebeans Routes
- Tanzania: Tourist Train Station in the Pipeline
Table Mountain Cableway celebrates its 27 millionth visitor
Table Mountain Cableway recently celebrated the arrival of its 27 millionth visitor - the latest milestone having taken only a year to reach. Andrew Harrow, together with his wife Jo from Aberdeen, Scotland, was surprised by Cableway staff after purchasing his ticket and given a variety of gifts including an official 27 millionth visitor certificate.
“As a friend of mine always says, when you wake up in the morning you never quite know how the day will turn out. We almost didn’t visit the mountain today, and how very lucky that we did,” said Andrew.
The Cableway’s Managing Director Wahida Parker said the latest million took only 12 months to achieve, owing to consistent visitor numbers throughout 2017. “In reaching this milestone, we are privileged to celebrate being successful custodians of such an iconic attraction,” said Parker. “This is a moment in which we also acknowledge the dedication of each member or our Cableway team, without whom we would not be able to welcome the millions of visitors over the years.”
“There is something wonderful about being able to witness the excitement and awe that so many of our visitors experience when summiting Table Mountain. Looking ahead, we hope to continue to facilitate a world-class experience that allows many more people, especially locals, to make lasting memories atop South Africa’s New 7 Wonder of Nature.”