- New Atta Members this month - March
- Atta Financial Update: 28.03.2018
- Virgin Atlantic doubles Johannesburg service in NW18
- Ethiopia: New Brand Promoting Tourism Potentials
- Vic Falls Airport capacity utilisation increases
- Plan to reintroduce sale of game meat to boost tourism
- Ethiopia: Govt Promotes Tourist Attractions in Brussels
- South Africa: E-Visas a Victory for Tourism and Job Creation
- Application for Membership - Trust My Travel
- Application for Membership - H12 Art of Life - Delta Dunes
Kenya unveils tourism promotion plans as AHIF heads to Nairobi
In six months’ time, Kenya will show itself off to the world with an unprecedented week of tourism promotion.
During the first week of October, it will host the Africa Hotel Investment Forum, the highest-profile event of its type in Africa, attracting international investors from dozens of countries.
The event will also welcome the Magical Kenya Tourism Expo, which is the largest travel trade show in east Africa and it will announce a package of measures to incentivise investment.
Speaking at a breakfast briefing at the InterContinental Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya cabinet secretary for tourism, Najib Balala, said: “We are unveiling a new calendar of events in the tourism sector known as Kenya Tourism Festival, which will be an annual event that will add value to our tourism experiences.
“This is in line with our strategic objective of enhancing visitor experience, as well as increasing their stay in the country.
“The current traveller is keen on more experiences and options for choice, therefore, the festival seeks to meet some of those aspirations.”
Kenya’s head of state, Uhuru Kenyatta, will launch both events publicly on the morning of Wednesday, October 3rd, at a ceremony at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre.
After joint sessions addressing tourism to Kenya in general, the more investment-focused discussions of AHIF will move to the Radisson Blu Upper Hill, Nairobi.
On the Tuesday, there will be a programme of inspection visits so incoming travel buyers, investors and journalists can see new attractions, infrastructure development projects and investment opportunities in person.
The week’s formal activities will conclude on the Thursday evening, when outstanding examples of sustainable tourism will be recognised.
Source: Breaking Travel News