- Application for Membership - Wild Things Safaris
- Tanzania and Burundi ditch joint East African destination marketing
- Ethiopia: More Works to Promote Tourism Potential
- No Day Zero for 2019 - City of Cape Town
- New Atta Members this month - June
- Experience Africa 2018 - That's a wrap!
- Tanzania: Gombe Tourist Flow Up As Flights Improve
- Application for Membership - SVS - Société de Voyages Sahariens
- Ethiopian Airlines signs major deal with General Electric
- Cloud technology is the key to personalise South Africa's travel experiences
SANParks announces countrywide free access week dates
From 10 to 14 September 2018, South African National Parks (SANParks) will be hosting its annual SA National Parks Week - a worldwide campaign focused on giving people free access to national parks. The week gives day visitors free access to most of the 21 national parks, with special emphasis on ensuring that people from local communities close to parks get to know and experience a national park.
SANParks chief executive officer, Fundisile Mketeni says: "The week in partnership with Total South Africa and FNB is meant to cultivate a sense of pride in South Africa’s natural, cultural and historical heritage, protected by the national parks system."
"The survival of the South African national parks system and our natural and cultural heritage lies in the people of South Africa. Environmental education and protection is the responsibility of everyone," concludes Mketeni.
The free access does not include accommodation facilities and other tourist activities. Some of the parks will be extending the week to include weekends. Individual park dates will be announced soon.