- Visa Amendments ‘Step In The Right Direction’
- Turkish Airlines adds Lusaka service from mid-Dec 2018
- Zimbabwe: Zimparks Extends Vic Falls Viewing Time
- Announcement: Atta HQ moving offices
- Why the future of African tourism looks brighter
- BA flies Prince William on wildlife conservation mission
- Ethiopia identified as key growth market ahead of Africa Hotel Investment Forum
- Register Now For An Array Of Ideas At WTM London and Travel Forward 2018
- The Duke of Cambridge will visit Namibia, Tanzania and Kenya
- Kenyan team launches the world's first 100% recycled plastic sail boat - THE FLIPFLOPI PROJECT
Drakenstein launches new tourism app
Just in time for National Heritage Day on 24 September, Drakenstein Local Tourism Association is introducing a mobile application that combines the proud heritage of the region with the latest state-of-the-art technology.
The Visit Paarl and Visit Wellington apps are easy to navigate and visitors can download it onto their mobiles to get a quick and accessible way of finding the best places to see and things to do in this beautiful region. Both apps feature the latest news and events in Paarl and Wellington as well as maps, accommodation facilities, restaurants, attractions, wineries and other services available.
According to Annelize Stroebel from the DLTA, these apps are completely on target with the theme for National Tourism Month, which is kicked off with the UN World Tourism Organisation’s World Tourism Day on 27 September 2018. “South Africa is mirroring the global theme of tourism and the digital transformation, so it is extremely apt for Drakenstein to focus on digital applications within our local tourism industry.
We live in an increasingly digitally-driven society and have to look at ways of communicating our destinations on these platforms. It is an uncomplicated, user-friendly reference to tourism products in this area and will definitely assist visitors to explore our towns and surrounds,” mentions Stroebel.
Stroebel also encourage local residents to make the most of Tourism Month by becoming visitors in their own towns. “As locals, we rarely take the time to enjoy the touristy aspects of our home towns. We often overlook the incredible offerings Paarl and Wellington have to offer and I hope that Tourism Month will inspire our communities to go out and explore the magnificence of our area and become true ambassadors for the Drakenstein region.”
The Visit Paarl and Visit Wellington apps are available for download in your app store for free.
Source: Paarl Online