- Application for Membership - Kagera Safaris
- Nine critically endangered rhino are relocated from South Africa to Tanzania
- Application for Membership - Tanzania Roadside Expeditions
- Twiga Tracker – Using modern technology to save reticulated giraffe and their habitat in northern Kenya
- Texas hounds chase down rhino poachers in South Africa
- First ever in-vitro embryos may mark the turn of the tide in the fate of the nearly extinct northern white rhino
- Application for Membership - Grande Roche Hotel
- Is it time to start seeing conservation in Africa as a business opportunity, and not a charity?
- Tanzania: Campaign to Use Arts in Promoting Tourism Launched
- Kwita Izina: The names of the newborn gorillas - Rwanda
Ethiopian Airlines to Launch Flights from Houston in DecemberBy ATTA®
Ethiopian Airlines has finalized its plans to launch flights to Houston starting on December 15, 2019, offering direct, nonstop Houston to Lomé, Togo air services operations three times per week.
The new Houston flights will facilitate the travel of the large African community in the Houston area as well as the oil and gas industry and other companies doing business in the region of West Africa. The airline had originally flown to Lome from Los Angeles as the only non-stop to Africa from the US West Coast but that short-lived flight ended early this year when the airline ended its flights from LAX.
Ethiopian Airlines cited the "travel of the huge African community in the Houston area, and oil and other companies doing business in the continent," for bringing the flights to Houston. Houston is home to the largest Nigerian community in the United States. Houston is also home to numerous multinational corporations, including some of the world's largest energy companies that support extensive global operations in West Africa.
Ethiopian’s service to Houston will operate from Addis Ababa via Lome in Togo with Boeing 787-8 aircraft. The service will depart Houston on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays (thus, departing Addis Ababa on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 21:30) The flight will depart Addis Ababa at 21:30. After a stop in Lome the aircraft will arrive in Houston at 8:40 the next day. Ethiopian’s aircraft will depart Houston at 11:00 and arrive in Addis Ababa the next day at 14:30.
"The U.S. is among our most important markets owing to the presence of a large African community and growing investment, trade and tourism relations with Africa,” said Tewolde GebreMariam, Group CEO of Ethiopian Airlines. “Our new route structure with additional frequencies to multiple gateways and the opening of new route to Houston are aimed at responding to the market demand and availing the best possible connectivity between the USA and over 60 African destinations. The new flights will provide the only direct and most efficient connections between Houston and West Africa."
GebreMariam said that Ethiopian Airlines fully intends to "keep on expanding our U.S. and African network so as to facilitate people-to-people ties and the flow of investment, trade and tourism."
Source: Business Traveler USA