- Recovery and renewal: the return of wildlife tourism in Zimbabwe
- Tanzania: Kisarawe Introduces Ecotourism to Boost Economy
- The black rhinos surviving Damaraland’s drought
- 700 new hotel restaurants and bars will be opened in Africa by 2025
- Application for Membership - Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve
- A Journey Into the Rarely Seen World of Kenya's Wildlife Conservation Rangers
- Application for Membership - Zuri Zanzibar
- Inside The Duke of Sussex's efforts to preserve African parks
- Strategic Land Purchase Provides Vital Corridor to Save Wildlife in South Africa
- Rail Infrastructure Transforms Sustainable Tourism In South Africa
South African Airways Announces Codeshare Expansion to New York with Air SeychellesBy ATTA®
South African Airways (SAA) is pleased to announce the expansion of the codeshare agreement with Air Seychelles (HM) to New York effective 1 November 2019. SAA will be the operating carrier on the Johannesburg (JNB) – New York (JFK) sector and Air Seychelles will be the marketing carrier. The codeshare flights will open for sale on 15 October 2019 and the effective date of travel will be from 1 November 2019.
The codeshare agreement between the two airlines has been in existence since 2013. SAA has been a marketing carrier between Johannesburg and Seychelles - Praslin Island operated by Air Seychelles whilst Air Seychelles has been a marketing carrier on Cape Town, Durban, Windhoek and Perth services operated by SAA. The New York expansion will further enhance the codeshare partnership by providing easy connections and a smooth travel experience for travellers during their entire journey.
“We are delighted to announce the expansion of our codeshare agreements with Air Seychelles. This move provides customers with seamless connections between the Seychelles and the US East Coast. As a result, SAA and its partners are well-positioned to strengthen our New York route. This augurs well with our efforts to focus on route performance and profitability as part of our initiatives to implement our turnaround strategy.” says Philip Saunders, Chief Commercial Officer at SAA.
Charles Johnson, Chief Commercial Officer at Air Seychelles said: “Adding JFK into the Air Seychelles network will provide more accessibility to travellers from the US to travel to the Seychelles in addition to bringing more visibility about destination Seychelles through the joint marketing efforts that will build awareness about the new codeshare partnership.
“For over five years now we have partnered with South African Airways, and thank them for their continuous support in enabling Air Seychelles to expand its network reach and we look forward to maintaining the successful partnership.”
Source: Aviator Newsroom