- Drones finally start mosquito larva spraying exercise
- How Will New German Ambassador push Tanzania tourism?
- Ethiopia: All-Female Ethiopian Flight Crew Aims to Inspire
- Application for Membership - Primate Expeditions
- Namibia rehabilitates one of Africa’s largest parks
- Muizenberg Beach accessible to differently-abled people
- Ethiopian aviation sector set to grow 226% by 2037: IATA
- Museveni asks communities, partners to conserve wildlife
- Krimson Aviation launches Krimson Koncierge, luxury destination management service for Ethiopia
- Application for Membership - Wildlife Experiences
Hotel hires professional marathoner to keep guests fitBy ATTA®
Many travellers like to keep fit while on holiday. To help keep visitors in shape after dining on scrumptious local cuisine, the Tribe Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya has appointed marathoner and former world-record holder Patrick Makau as the world’s first ‘running concierge’ according to Travel + Leisure.
Makau set a new world record for his lightning-fast time of 2:03:38 at the Berlin Marathon in 2011.
According to the hotel, Makau will also provide guests with a training plan based on their skill level and fitness goals for the duration of their stay. Guests can sign up for service which includes a 90-minute run with Makau for $200 (R3,212) per person.
Your run will take you through the nearby Karura Forest, home to plenty of smaller animals, an array of flora and fauna, archaeological sites and a waterfall.