- Application for Membership - Waterberry Zambezi Lodge
- FCO Updates – 09 July 2020
- ICCA elects new Leaders for Africa Chapter
- Critically endangered Cross River gorillas photographed
- Magical Kenya Prepares for Re-Opening
- FCO Updates – 08 July 2020
- Whale season kicks off in Walker Bay
- FCO Updates – 07 July 2020
- Application for Membership - Proactive Hospitality Solutions
- Treetop cameras capture first known video of a wild roloway monkey
When power meets speed: Leopard vs cheetahBy ATTA®
A video showing an incredible encounter between two big cats is doing the rounds. Thokozani Phakathi was lucky enough to witness the incident in the Kruger National Park.
‘When power meets speed and when stealth triggers explosion, the results are almost uncertain! We were staying in Pretoriuskop, it was during my favourite season where the camp gates open at 4h30. It was our last day for our weekend stay.’
Phakathi continued: ‘It was a very quiet drive but we were enjoying the greenery, the sunrise, the bush sounds and the entire refreshing atmosphere. As we were towards transport dam vicinity around 6h00, boom! – a huge male leopard patrolling and scent marking the territory. The leopard was walking easterly along the road, and would sometimes go deeper into the bush but would come back again. As it was Sunday morning, most guests were making their way out of the park, so they didn’t spend much time with the beast. Whenever he goes deeper, they would lose interest and leave the sighting. We stayed on and drove over 2km with the elusive cat.