- Uganda Tourism Minister Unveils Wildlife Street Kampala
- Rescued pangolin gives birth to healthy pangopup
- Econet, Panabios Unveil New Applications to Digitise Covid-19 Certificates, Ease Cross-Border Travel in Africa
- Cape Verde to reopen in time for tourist season
- SA to roll out faster COVID-19 tests at ports of entry
- Prince William & David Attenborough team up for ‘Earthshot Prize’
- Africa Travel Week pairs up with Invest Africa
- Uganda’s Borders Have Reopened — Just Keep 32 Feet Away From the Gorillas
- Two new cheetahs join Rietvlei Nature Reserve
- Lufthansa's regular SA flight schedule now fully operational
‘We are Victoria Falls’ campaign in 2nd phaseBy ATTA®
VICTORIA Falls has launched the second phase of its communication and recovery campaign dubbed “We are Victoria Falls”, which seeks to showcase the resort town’s readiness to welcome back tourists.
Already, over 30 000 international prospective travellers have been reached so far.
The “We are Victoria Falls” campaign is an independent public-private crisis communication and recovery initiative mandated by the Ministry of Environment, Climate, Tourism and Hospitality Industry, and supported by the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC) to represent the tourism community of Victoria Falls during and after the Covid-19 pandemic.
Its major mandate is to communicate reliable, up-to-date information on the destination management of Covid-19, collecting and disseminating information on external trade sentiment to aid preparedness and response, and reinforcing the brand position of the destination. Campaign consultant, Ms Shelly Cox, said the campaign was moving to Phase Two now that travel restrictions are being lifted and the destination reopening to international travellers.
“Phase Two will highlight that we are ready to welcome international visitors back to Victoria Falls and Zimbabwe. We have weathered the Covid-19 storm by working together and putting the necessary protocols in place; we are open for business. Phase Two will take us to Q1 (first quarter) 2021 when we expect Victoria Falls to have fully resumed all the tourism related operations.
Source: The Herald