- Comair to resume operations from December
- What's On At The Waterhole?
- Webinar 101 on rapid Covid testing for the travel industry
- Future Traveller Sentiment Survey Nov 2020
- Emirates improves Zim /Zam frequencies
- CemAir expands operations by 50%
- Campaign to showcase the best of Rwanda launched
- The Grootbrak Grabadoo will take place over two days this year
- Airlink Launches New Route Connecting Tanzania And South Africa
- Application for Membership - O&L Leisure Hotels and Lodges
LH Group rolls out more SA flightsBy ATTA®
“The Lufthansa Group has welcomed the recent announcement by the [SA] government to remove the list of high-risk countries and once again open borders to all leisure and business travellers. We are fully committed to the South African market and continue our efforts to help recover and expand the tourism sector by encouraging international travel,” said Dr André Schulz, gm Southern Africa & East Africa Lufthansa Group Airlines.
By the end of December, the Lufthansa Group will collectively offer 18 weekly flights between South Africa and its European hubs. These include:
* five weekly flights between Johannesburg and Frankfurt,
* three weekly flights between Cape Town and Frankfurt,
* three weekly flights between Cape Town and Munich.
These are all operated by Lufthansa
Also on the menu, are an additional two weekly flights between Cape Town and Zurich on Edelweiss, plus two weekly flights between Cape Town and Vienna operated by Austrian Airlines. SWISS will also offer three weekly flights between Johannesburg and Zurich.
André said South Africa remained an attractive destination for European holidaymakers and, with the start of the local summer season, more international travellers would be looking to experience “sunny South Africa”.
Source: Travel News