- LH Group rolls out more SA flights
- Comair to resume operations from December
- What's On At The Waterhole?
- Webinar 101 on rapid Covid testing for the travel industry
- Future Traveller Sentiment Survey Nov 2020
- Emirates improves Zim /Zam frequencies
- CemAir expands operations by 50%
- Campaign to showcase the best of Rwanda launched
- The Grootbrak Grabadoo will take place over two days this year
- Airlink Launches New Route Connecting Tanzania And South Africa
SA’s tourism industry records improvementBy ATTA®
A report by Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) shows that the country’s tourism industry is experiencing a slight improvement after months of freefalling.
One of the key findings in the publication Tourist accommodation, September 2020 was that seasonally adjusted income from accommodation increased by 56,7% month-on-month in September 2020 and by 98,6% month-on-month in August.
However, accommodation establishments are not out of the woods yet, as the overall picture looks bleak. As shown in the graph below, the tourist accommodation bookings naturally dropped sharply when Lockdown Level 5 was instated in March 2020.